Entries by Heather Ishikawa
- What is your response to current events surrounding the athletes’ actions?
- Why do you hold that perspective?
- What experiences have you had in your life that contribute to how you think about this issue?
- How do you feel about what is being said and done by all parties?
- What information would you like to gain to understand the situation better?
Awareness:Self-examination about an individual and organization’s world view. What is the individual’s personal story? How do they see the world? How did this shape their biases and impact micro-aggressive behaviors? What data has the organization gathered? What is the specific context and opportunities do they see? Alignment: In this phase, we work to align participants within their specific teams as well as to align to the organization’s larger stated goals. It is not enough to simply state the organization’s goals. Each individual needs to understand his/her role in creating an inclusive work culture. Action: Diversity and inclusion initiatives require conscious action through courageous conversations. Enact focuses on a variety of hands-on activities, tools and techniques to help individuals take action, engage in courageous conversations, and seek opportunities to be allies for others. Accountability: For any initiative to be successful, there must be personal accountability. Our approach teaches leaders how to hold themselves and others accountable, deliver on commitments and address the impact when those commitments aren’t met. Enact’s 4A’s model is the foundation of our Inclusive Leadership Programs. We offer organizational solutions to meet a variety of diversity, equity and inclusion needs. Whether you want a workshop to introduce the topic of inclusion or you are looking to launch an organization-wide strategy, Enact can help.
Overview of Enact’s Best-Selling Inclusive Leadership Programs
Amy’s Kitchen has pioneered the organic food movement since its founding in 1987 and remains a privately held, family-owned business committed to offering family recipes, made-by-hand at an accessible price. Amy’s Kitchen offers over 250 varieties of organic frozen and packaged foods, and is proud to offer options across gluten free, vegan, dairy free, lactose free, soy free, tree nut free, corn free, Kosher D, Kosher DE, and light in sodium categories. Amy’s products are widely available in the U.S. as well as more than 25 other countries around the globe. To find Amy’s products near you, please visit our website.About Enact Leadership Enact Leadership, Inc. is a women-owned leadership development firm. As proactive partners we unite what’s happening and what’s possible to formulate leadership development strategies with our clients that move beyond ‘fixing leadership problems’ to ‘creating leadership excellence’. We utilize measurable data, proven program content and exemplary facilitation and coaching to generate superior individual, leadership and organizational results. Visit enactleadership.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Absence of a diversity/multicultural OD framework
- Lack of integrative practices
- Lack of skill and self-awareness by OD practitioners
- Lack of awareness, competency and attitude to confront systems of power and privilege (Rasmussen, 2006; Romney, 2008; Rowe 1990).
- Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 3(2), 153-163. Sue, D.W., Bingham, R., Porche-Burke, L., & Vasquez, M. (1999).
- Strategies for Managing Human Resource Diversity: From Resistance to Learning, Academy of Management Executive, 13, p. 69. Davidson, M.N. & Ferdman, B.M. (2001).